The Apple built-in tools can be used to reset your MacBook login password if you forget it and are unable to log in. If your MacBook Pro or Air is locked, you can unlock it without a password by using either Apple ID, Recovery Mode, or password reset assistant (if FileVault is enabled).
How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password
Almost every day we unlock Macs and PCs. In this article, we will show you how to unlock MacBook Pro without password.
You will also learn how to make a user account on a Mac without a password.
The process of unlocking a Mac or PC is very straightforward. It only takes a few keystrokes on your terminal to run the command. You will then be prompted to enter the password for your user account. Upon typing the password, you will have to enter it twice.
As soon as you enter the first password, you’ll see it on the screen, and you’ll have to confirm it.
How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password: Using your Apple ID
In case your user account is associated with an Apple ID, but FileVault is not enabled. You can reset your Mac login password with your Apple ID if you have an Apple ID.
- The first step is to click the user account link and to click the question mark in the password field, followed by clicking the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”.
- You will not see a message stating you can reset your password with Apple ID if you have already tried three times.
- Next, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Provide a new hint and a new password.
You can find your Apple ID or password on the Apple ID account website if you lose your Apple ID or password. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password by visiting the Apple ID account website and clicking “Forgot Apple ID or password.”. We walk you through the steps to reset your forgot Apple ID password online.
How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password: Using Recovery Mode
The MacBook Pro comes with a hidden password reset tool that can be accessed even if you haven’t enabled FileVault encryption.
- Restart your Mac and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Locate Disk Utility and click Next. To access the Terminal, click Utilities > Terminal.
- Type the new password using lower case letters, all in one word, and then press the Enter key.
- You will be able to reset the password of any non-encrypted account using the password reset tool.
- Type the new password, enter it again in the field for verification, and specify a hint for the password.
Using a recovery key you created when you enabled FileVault encryption can help you reset your login password.
How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password: Using Reset Password Assistant.
In case FileVault is turned on, you can reset your password via the Reset Password assistant:
- Hold down the power button until you see the MacBook turn off.
- Turn your Mac back on by pressing the power button once more.
- Select the “I forgot my password” item when the Reset Password window opens, and then click or tap the Next button.
- If you used FileVault to enable FileVault originally, enter a recovery key or enter your Apple ID password to unlock the disk “Macintosh HD” and select the Next button. It will now be possible to access the startup volume.
- You will see a list of user accounts. Click or tap the Next button after selecting the account whose password you wish to reset.
- Once you’ve entered your new password, verified it, and provided a new password hint, click the Next button.
- This account will have its password reset. Restart your computer when you are ready. If everything goes well, you should be able to boot up your Mac and log in with your new password.
You can also Read How to Put Airpods in Pairing Mode (Step by Step)
How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password: Tips for Creating Secure Passwords on MacBook Pro
- You should choose a password with at least eight characters and a mix of different types of characters.
- Avoid using names, dictionary words, phone numbers, dates, and simple combinations of these.
- If you can, avoid using patterns of keyboard characters, such as straight lines or diagonal rows of keys.
- You can use a sequence of random characters. Add upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation marks, plus alternative characters (if the site or item allows it) while holding down the Option key.
- You can make the process of choosing a secure password easier by using Password Assistant. To open Password Assistant, click the Key icon next to the New Password field. The Password Assistant displays the security level of a password as you type it in.
How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password: Create easy-to-remember, yet secure passwords
You could, for instance, turn the phrase “You will be welcomed” into “UW1llBvv3lc0meD“.
Use iCloud Keychain to store websites passwords
Safari suggests a unique, difficult-to-guess password when you need to create one for a website and saves it in your iCloud Keychain. You won’t need to remember the username and password or enter them on any of your devices because Safari fills it in automatically the next time you need to access the websites
If you’ve got a MacBook Pro and need to get into it quickly, but don’t know the password, this post is for you. We talked about how your brain thinks while typing in passwords and what makes them memorable; we discussed some simple ways of how to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password (if you can boot up) or resetting the system clock before turning on the machine, and we listed out all of our favorite tricks that may help if nothing else does.
Hopefully one of these methods will work for you! Let us know which ones were useful How to Unlock MacBook Pro without Password by leaving a comment below!