How to Use Google Meet on iPhone & Android phone Ultimate Guide. This Article will answer all your questions How to Use Google Meet on iPhone. Google Meet (formerly known as Hangouts Meet) is a video-communication service developed by Google. It is one of two apps that constitute the replacement for Google Hangouts, the other being Google Chat
How to Use Google Meet on iPhone
Get the Meet app
- Go to the App Store.
- Download and install the Google Meet app Meet app.
- On your device, to open the app, tap the Google Meet app Meet app.
Calls are synchronized so you can start a video call on one device and continue on another.
Start a meeting in the Meet app
- Open the Meet app Meet app.
- Tap New meeting. Choose one:
- Get a meeting link to share: This generates a meeting link which you can share to meet now or later. To invite others, tap Share invite. To join the meeting, copy the code into the “Join with a code” field.
- Tip: Google Workspace users receive “Get joining info to share.” This works exactly like the “Get a meeting link to share.”
- Start video call Start an instant meeting: Create a meeting that you join now.
Calendar Schedule in Google calendar: To schedule a meeting, you’re directed to the Google Calendar app.
Schedule a video meeting from the Google Calendar app
Open the Google Calendar app Calendar.
- Tap Add Event.
- Add guests.
- Tap Done and then Save.
Start a video meeting from Google Hangouts
- You can start a Google Meet video call from within Google Hangouts. Learn how to start a video call.
- Tip: To make sure you don’t join a meeting with an expired code and to better plan for the future meetings you create, check when meeting codes expire. Learn about Google Meet meeting codes.
How to Use Google Meet on Android phone
It’s the same Guide with Iphone Method, you only need to Install Meet App and follow the steps.
In March 2020, Google rolled out Meet to personal (free) Google accounts.
Free Meet calls can only have a single host and up to 100 participants, compared to the 250-caller limit for Google Workspace users and the 25-participant limit for Hangouts. Unlike business calls with Meet, consumer calls are not recorded and stored, and Google states that consumer data from Meet will not be used for advertisement targeting.
Users need a Google account to initiate calls and like Google Workspace users, anyone with a Google account is able to start a Meet call from within Gmail.
In May 2020, Asus unveiled videoconferencing hardware designed for use with Google Meet in conference room settings, which includes a “Meet Compute System” mini PC, and a dedicated camera and microphone.
On September 15, 2020, Google unveiled Meet Series One, in partnership with Lenovo, which includes a Meet Compute System with Edge TPU, “Smart Camera”, “Smart Audio Bar” with noise reduction, and a choice of remote control or touchscreen that supports the Google Assistant.
Google Meet on smart TV
If you want to join during a meeting, select the 3-dot menu ‘Cast this meeting’ in the bottom right. In the Cast tab, select the Cast-enabled device you want to use. Performance of the video casting can vary on Chromecast-aided screens and Android TV, according to Google
Can I get Google Meet on my Samsung Smart TV?
If you’d like to use a different screen for Google Meet from your computer or mobile device screen, you can cast Meet to your Chromecast, Chromecast built-in TV or Nest smart display. You’ll still use the camera, microphone and audio from your computer.
How do I add Google app to my Samsung Smart TV?
Open up the Google Home app on your phone. If you do not have the app on your phone, you can simply search for Google Home in the Google Play Store and download the app. 2 Select the Add ‘+’ button. 3 On the next screen select ‘Set up device.
How do I screen mirror on Google Meet?
To mirror your video while in the meeting, click on the extension icon. It will mirror your screen, but since Google Meet already mirrors the screen, the extension would reset it to the normal position. The video after clicking on the VideoMirror Extension icon to mirror the screen.