Wondering How to Reset Stolen AirPods?
If you are looking for a way to reset your AirPods that has been stolen, this blog post is for you. We will discuss how to find the serial number of an Air Pod and what steps you need to take in order to get it back.
If someone was caught with your AirPods, they can be charged with petty theft- which could lead them up to six months in jail or a $1,000 fine. How would you like those consequences? Let’s dive into 10 Steps on How To Reset A Stolen Air Pod!
Aha! Before you start reading, also check How to Use Google Meet on iPhone – Full Guide
How to Reset Stolen AirPods: Can I use someone else’s AirPods?
The answer is yes, it is possible to use someone else’s AirPods. Pairing is the main issue you’ll need to address. AirPods appear as “X person’s AirPods” when paired, and that’s how you can view them on your device list.
In this case, “X’s” AirPods will become “Y Person’s AirPods” when they are used with your device. The devices will work fine for you, but “X’s” device won’t recognize them anymore and pair automatically. You will have to pair the devices again so that they are connected to “X person.”‘s device.
The process is somewhat tedious, but it works.
How to Reset Stolen AirPods: Are stolen AirPods usable on another iPhone?
It can be easily used if the whole set is stolen.
It is possible to pair AirPods with other devices with a pairing button in the AirPods Case.
A stolen AirPods, once it has been taken out of your reach, can easily be used by others.
The AirPods do not have their own GPS unit, so they rely on the phones for location tracking. When it is out of range, we cannot track it. If location services are enabled on our phone, we can see the last location(last time the AirPods was connected), but not the current location
How to Reset Stolen AirPods: Locate your lost AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
How to Reset Stolen AirPods: View the location of your AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
If you are signed in with the same Apple ID, you can use Find My to locate any Apple devices that you are using. This includes your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max. They can also provide the time and location of the last time they were online, if they’re not connected.
With your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can see whether your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max are working
- Launch the Find My app.
- To access the Devices section, select the Devices tab.
- Select your AirPods.
- You can see the location for each device, or “No location found.”
- To find your way around, visit iCloud.com/find.
- You will need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Then click your AirPods in the list of all devices. Each device has a location history displayed, either “Online” or “Offline.”
How to reset your AirPods
- Close the AirPods charging case after putting them in.
- Hold on for 30 seconds.
- Activate your charging case by opening the lid.
- Tap the “i” icon next to your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. (If your AirPods aren’t visible under Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
- Simply tap the Forget This Device button and confirm it.
- During setup, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for a few seconds until the amber status light flashes, and then the white status light flashes.
How to reset Stolen AirPods: Final Thoughts
You can’t beat the convenience of wireless earbuds. They’re easy to use, provide great sound quality, and you never have to worry about your headphones getting tangled up in knots again. But if they get lost or stolen, it’s hard not to panic because there are so many different ways that you could try to find them- but most don’t work.
One way is by using Find My iPhone on an Apple device…or even iCloud for Android users! Another option is asking Siri where AirPods are located with a simple voice command like “Siri show me my AirPods.” If these tricks didn’t work out for you, then just go ahead and reset your AirPods settings back to how they were before.