How to Delete Letgo Account? , Are you part of those searching for How to Delete Letgo Account? This is a complete guide on how to Delete Letgo Account , yes i mean it, i will show you the full guide with screenshot. firstly you need to know more about Letgo What is Letgo? and how can i delete Letgo Account, but if you’re already know about the company ,you can skip , just click on “Contents Menu”. Read On. Letgo (stylized letgo) was a company that provided a website and app that allows users to buy from, sell to and chat with others locally. The products launched in 2015.
Launched in January 2015 by Alec Oxenford, former CEO of OLX, the app initially targeted the U.S. market, competing against eBay and Craigslist, the online marketplace leaders since the 1990s.
In May 2016, the company merged with Wallapop, another mobile classifieds startup. Letgo remained the majority owner of the company and the brand remained Letgo. At the time, there were about 10 million monthly active users between the two apps, according to SurveyMonkey data published by TechCrunch.
From its launch, the company did not charge for its services, earning no revenue, as part of its strategy to grow quickly. As of June 2018, the listing service remained free, but the app added a paid beta feature allowing users to place their sales item above organic search results.
Three quarters of the first round investment of $100 million was slated for marketing. The ad agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky Miami created a television ad campaign for the app, directed by filmmaker Craig Gillespie. Each advertisement is premised on an extreme situation, such as a person dangling over a cliff who might plunge down because he’s holding on to a bowling ball, where the sensible thing to do is to let go of the item. CP+B Miami also created a series of four ads allowing customers to incorporate images and descriptions of their items for sale directly into a satirical video ad, such as one featuring action film star Dolph Lundgren as a mercenary.
The app launched in Canada in October 2016 and in Norway of November 2016.
In September 2019, Naspers spun off its investments in Letgo into a separate company, Prosus.
In March 2020, competitor OfferUp announced they would be acquiring Letgo.
As of September 21, 2020, Letgo has officially became a part of OfferUp
By September 2015, the company said its app had two million downloads and half a million product listings. Comscore said it was the second fastest growing app in the U.S., in 2017. As of January 2018, the app had about 75 million downloads, compared to 30 million in August 2016. It had 200 million listings for secondhand goods and about three billion messages were exchanged between users. The company said it had monthly repeat visitors in the “tens of millions”. In August, 2018, the company reported the app had more than 100 million downloads and 400 million. Listings were up about 65% during the first eight months of 2018.
Now let back to Business on How to Delete Letgo Account. I am sorry for delaying.
Letgo is used either from a Mobile device or through a web browser. It helps users to buy or sell their pre-owned items quickly with just a few clicks. Once you create an Account with Letgo, you can upload images and descriptions of the things you want to sell or browse through the items that have been uploaded by other users.
There are many reasons why someone would want to delete Letgo Account, some of them could be:
- They were getting too many promotional or advertisement related communications from the Letgo application. These kinds of promotional mails can crowd up the inbox, and you could miss out on important mails.
- They wanted to use the app probably to buy/sell one item, which has been done.
- They got spammed on the Letgo application but some unknown seller.
Note that there are various ways to stop getting promotional mails from Letgo. To avoid promotional communications, you do not have to delete the Letgo account. To delete your Letgo account for any other reason apart from this, keep reading the below guide on How to delete Letgo Account!
How to Delete Letgo Account
As mentioned above, Letgo can be opened as an application on your mobile or used via a web browser. Letgo app is available both on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. You could delete your account from the Letgo website or send an email to the Letgo support team.
How to delete Letgo Account on PC?
Letgo can be used from any web browser by navigating to their official site. Follow the below steps to delete the Letgo account from your PC.
- Navigate to Letgo’s official site and log in.
- Click on your Profile icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on My Profile from the list of options.
- Click on the settings icon.
- You will land on a page with two tabs namely “Profile” and “Your data“. Click on “Your data.”
- Select “Delete Account” from the list of options
- You will get a notification stating, “Deleting Letgo account will delete all your Letgo information.” Click on “Delete account.”
- In the confirmation pop-up, click on “Yes, delete my account.”
- It will notify you that your account is marked for deletion.
- Once you delete your account, the account will be inactive in 48 hours, and all your Letgo information is deleted within 30 days.
Images Source: Yourtechworld.com
How to delete Letgo Account via E-mail
The easiest way to delete your Letgo account is by deleting it via logging into Letgo’s official site from your web browser. However, you could also delete your account by sending an e-mail to the Letgo support team. Follow the below steps to delete your Letgo Account via E-mail:
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to email@example.com.
- Keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” or “LETGO ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.
See the Sample email Template below
I am a registered user of Letgo with the name John C and the email id linked with this account is Futuretechguide@xxx.co. I no longer need this account at the moment due to personal reasons. I request you to delete my account and also would like to stop receiving communication/advertisement mails.
I hope you understand my concern and will do the needful as soon as possible. You can contact me on my email id or phone number (mention your phone number and email-id here).
(Your name Here)